Jan. 29, 2016
Melanie Green, Communications Director
Voice (904) 394-9139
Fax (904) 398-8025
Northeast Florida Association of Realtors Presents Awards for 2015
Diana Galavis of Watson Realty Corp. named Realtor of the Year.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Northeast Florida Association of Realtors (NEFAR) presented awards for 2015 during its annual Installation of Officers and Awards Gala on Jan. 20 at the Jacksonville Marriott. The award recipients are:
• Realtor of the Year – Diana Galavis, Watson Realty Corp., Jacksonville Beach
• Affiliate / Business Partner of the Year – Janna Thomas, Bank of England, Jacksonville
• Circle of Honor – Clare Berry, Berry and Company Real Estate, Ponte Vedra
• Circle of Honor - Eileen McVeigh, RE/MAX Coastal Real Estate, Ponte Vedra
• Circle of Honor - Rory Dubin, Exit Real Estate Gallery, Jacksonville
• Humanitarian - Mario Gonzalez, Navy to Navy Homes, Jacksonville
• Humanitarian – Karen Swinson, RE/MAX Specialists, Orange Park
• Professional Development Award - Gonzalo Mejia, Watson Realty Corp., Jacksonville
• Silent Angel – Kim Sandberg, RE/MAX Unlimited, Ponte Vedra
• Special Recognition Award - Becky Williams, Coldwell Banker Ben Bates, Palatka
Linda McMorrow, of The Legends of Real Estate in Jacksonville, was also honored with a Presidential Lifetime Service Award. This award is granted at the sole discretion of NEFAR's president and only to a NEFAR past president.
The Northeast Florida Association of Realtors provides professional development, political advocacy, professional standards administration, media relations, and promotional activities and exchange of information among its members. NEFAR serves as the voice for real estate in northeast Florida; serving the public through efforts to protect private property rights and community affairs programs. NEFAR is Northeast Florida's largest professional association, comprising more than 6,500 members working in all facets of the real estate industry, including residential and commercial sales as well as property management. NEFAR is headquartered in Jacksonville, with satellite Service Centers in Orange Park, Jacksonville Beach, Palatka and World Golf Village. NEFAR also has a multiple listing service; the wholly owned subsidiary Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service (NEFMLS).
# # #