Jan. 17, 2020
Melanie Green, Communications Director
Voice (904) 394-9139
2020 NEFAR President
31,881 Home Sales in 2019 Another NEFAR Record Breaker
31,881 home sales is the greatest number of homes sold in any year in Northeast Florida Association of Realtors’ records. Median price of $233,990 for 2019 up 5.4% from $222,000 in 2018. Average 2019 sales price was $276,586.
Jacksonville, Fla. – December 2019 and 2019 annual housing market reports for Northeast Florida are now available in the Market Stats section of NEFAR.com. Except where otherwise indicated, statistics reflect combined results for single-family residential and condominium properties.
December 2019 Highlights
- There were 2,561 homes sold in December, an 8.6% increase over December 2018.
- Median sales price for the month was $242,500, or 6.9% more than the $226,900 median a year ago.
- Average sales price for December was $292,794, up 9.4% from $267,634 in December 2018.
- Months’ supply of homes for sale closed out at 2.8, a drop of 22.2% from 3.6 months a year prior. A balanced market is considered to be between five- and six-months supply.
- Days on market until sale average in December was 72.
2019 Annual Report Highlights
- There were 31,881 closed sales, up 5.4% from 30,253 in 2018.
- Median sales price for the year was $233,990, also up 5.4% from $222,000 in 2018.
- Average price in 2019 was $276,586, an increase of 4.0% from $266,055 in 2018.
- There were 40,814 new listings added to the market in 2019, just .5% more than in 2018.
- Inventory for homes at the end of 2019 was 7,602, a significant 17.2% drop from 9,181 at the end of 2018.
- Here’s how the listing prices broke down for the 7,602 homes in inventory: 2,058 for less than $200,000; 2,065 priced from $200,000 - $299,999; 1,973 between $300,000 - $499,999; 1,093 between $500,000 - $999,999; and 413 were on market for $1,000,000 or more.
- The percentage of properties sold that were lender-mediated was 4.7%, decreasing 9.3% from 5.4% in 2018.
- Percent of original list price received was 95.6, identical to a year ago.
- Single-family detached properties stayed on the market an average of 68 days until sale, while condo-townhomes averaged 60 days on market.
2020 NEFAR President Ron Harris said, “Despite low inventory being a constant, significant factor in the housing market the past several years, buyer demand has not waned, resulting in a record-breaking 31,881 home sales in Northeast Florida in 2019.”
The Northeast Florida Association of Realtors provides professional development, political advocacy, professional standards administration, media relations, and promotional activities and exchange of information among its members. NEFAR serves as the voice for real estate in northeast Florida, serving the public through efforts to protect private property rights and community affairs programs. NEFAR is Northeast Florida's largest professional association, comprising more than 9,000 members working in multiple facets of the real estate industry, including residential and commercial sales as well as property management. All statistics in NEFAR’s reports are based on data compiled from NEFAR’s wholly owned subsidiary, the Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service (NEFMLS). NEFAR is headquartered in Jacksonville, with satellite Service Centers in Orange Park, Jacksonville Beach, Palatka, and World Golf Village. * As all Nassau and St. Johns County Realtors are not participants of the NEFMLS, reports provided do not represent the full extent of Realtor sales in those counties.
# # #