7801 Deercreek Club Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32256
Property Search / Open Houses
Find A Member
My NEFAR Account
Go to realMLS
Forms / Contracts
FAQs / Logos
Policies / Bylaws
About / Contact / Join
How To Join
Locations / Staff / Contact
Officers and Directors
Task Forces / Councils / Committees
Lockbox / Keys
Advertise on NEFAR.com
NEFAR Classroom and Virtual
Online Course Partners
Designation and Certification Courses
Legislative / Advocacy
What Is RPAC?
Invest In RPAC
RPAC Major Investors
NEFAR Action Network
Resources / Links
Global Business Council
Lockbox / Keys
Real Estate Glossary
Area School Info
Why A Realtor
Choosing A Realtor
How Realtors Help You
News & Media
News and Events
Jan. 12, 2015
Melanie Green, Communications Director
Voice (904) 394-9139
Fax (904) 398-8025
2015 NEFAR President
Voice (904) 707-4373
December 2014 Housing Stats and 2014 Annual Report Now Available
Quantity and median price of closed sales increase for December and year. Pending sales also up for both, while inventory down.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The December 2014 housing sales report as well as the 2014 Annual Report on the Northeast Florida housing market are now posted by the Northeast Florida Association of Realtors on NEFAR.com. Except where otherwise indicated, statistics reflect combined results for single-family residential and condominium properties.
December 2014 Highlights
• Appropriately closing out the year, closed sales for the month were 2,014; a slight increase over December 2013’s 1,999.
• Pending sales hit 1,841; a 15.7 percent increase from a year ago.
• Median sales price rose 12.3 percent from a year ago to reach $174,000.
• Months’ supply of homes was 4.5; a drop of 21.1 percent from a year ago.
• Lender mediated sales accounted for 617 (30.6) percent of December sales.
• Days on market was 86.
2014 Annual Report Highlights
• 23,674 homes changed hands during 2014; a 6.8 jump from 2013’s 22,160 sales.
• There were 34,068 new listings added to the market in 2014; 6.5 percent more than 31,980 listings in 2013.
• Inventory of homes, which fluctuates throughout the year, settled at 9,049 at year end. That figure is down 13.5 percent from 10,458 in 2013.
• The median sales price for 2014 was an even $159,000; increasing 3.6 percent from 2013’s $153,500.
• Days on market was 85; little difference from 87 days in 2013.
• 34.7 percent of property sales during 2014 were lender mediated.
2015 NEFAR President Sally Suslak says, "The slow and steady increase in median sales price and number of sales has proved to be a sustainable trend during 2014. As evidenced by very healthy levels of pending sales also, the demand for homes shows no sign of waning."
For these and numerous other real estate market statistics, take advantage of the FREE market reports available on the Market Stats tab of
Three reports are available: 1) The Monthly Indicators and Housing Supply Overview Report summarizes complete activity for NEFAR's entire service area plus *partial information for St. Johns County and Nassau County. 2) Lender Mediated sales reports offer a targeted look specifically at lender mediated sales and how they compare to traditional sales. 3) Annual Reports - 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 are available - give an extensive year in review, with comparisons from the four preceding years included.
*As all Nassau and St. Johns County Realtors are not participants of the NEFMLS; reports provided do not represent the full extent of Realtor sales in those counties.
The Northeast Florida Association of Realtors provides professional development, political advocacy, professional standards administration, media relations, and promotional activities and exchange of information among its members. NEFAR serves as the voice for real estate in northeast Florida; serving the public through efforts to protect private property rights and community affairs programs. NEFAR is Northeast Florida's largest professional association, comprising more than 6,000 members working in all facets of the real estate industry, including residential and commercial sales as well as property management. All statistics in NEFAR's reports are based on data compiled from NEFAR's wholly owned subsidiary, the Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service (NEFMLS). NEFAR is headquartered in Jacksonville, with satellite Service Centers in Orange Park, Jacksonville Beach, Palatka and World Golf Village.
# # #
Return to Media Center
Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use
© Copyright Northeast Florida Association of Realtors
Property searches: Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service