May 22, 2019
Melanie Green, Communications Director
Voice (904) 394-9139
2019 NEFAR President
2019 NEFAR Charity Bass Fishing Tournament Nets $28,826 for Haven Hospice
NEFAR has raised and donated $383,593 to Haven Hospice since Tournament inception.
Jacksonville, Fla. – For the sixteenth consecutive year, the Northeast Florida Association of Realtors (NEFAR) held its catch-and-release Charity Bass Fishing Tournament and Family Fun Day on April 27 in Palatka to benefit Haven Hospice. The charity event raised $28,826. Since Tournament inception, NEFAR has raised and donated $383,593 to Haven Hospice.
Departing from the Palatka City Docks, 129 two-person fishing teams took to the St. Johns River in search of big bass. Fishing teams compete for prizes, including a $7,500 guaranteed payback for first place. Top Tournament winners are:
- 1st Place: Jerry Shawver and Dan Irish
- 2nd Place: Allen Hopper and Chad Willoughby
- 3rd Place: Lee Stalvey Jr. and Jason Caldwell
- Big Fish: Justin Rackett
- 2nd Big Fish: Destin Demarion
While teams fished, members of the public enjoyed the Family Fun Day, including a giant inflatable slide, children’s fish tank fishing experience, Mason’s Kids ID Program, and more.
2019 NEFAR President Jeanne Denton-Scheck said, “NEFAR's annual Charity Bass Fishing Tournament is a highlight of our community affairs efforts. We are happy to not only be involved in our communities, but also to be able to support the important end-of-life services provided to patients and their families by Haven Hospice.”
- Title - $2,500: Metro Market Trends
- Big Fish – $1,000: Coldwell Banker Ben Bates
- Second Big Fish – $500: Chris and Cori Steel
- Angler’s Envy – $1,000: TD Bank
- Hook, Line and Sinker – $500: Representative Bobby Payne / Kendall Title / Crabtree Law Group, P.A. / Bates Hewett & Floyd / Seminole Electric / Landmark Title / Uncork & Unwind and Lady Bug’s Gift Shoppe / Hog Waller Mudbog / Duane C. Romanello P.A. / Industrial Reliability & Alignments
- Reel It In – $250: Johnson Overturf Funeral Home / Exit Real Estate Gallery / Ryan, Marks and Stromberg Attorneys / Osborne & Sheffield Title Services, LLC / The Legends of Real Estate / Guaranty Title
- It’s A Keeper – $100: Taylor and Marshea Douglas / Sam Folds / McInnis Realty / Thomas C. Santoro, P.A. / Buzz and Dee Bumbarger / Glenn A. Taylor, P.A. / Bryan C. Goode III / Linda Cason
The Northeast Florida Association of Realtors provides professional development, political advocacy, professional standards administration, media relations, and promotional activities and exchange of information among its members. NEFAR serves as the voice for real estate in northeast Florida; serving the public through efforts to protect private property rights and community affairs programs. NEFAR is Northeast Florida's largest professional association, comprising more than 9,000 members working in all facets of the real estate industry, including residential and commercial sales as well as property management. NEFAR’s also has a wholly owned subsidiary, the Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service (NEFMLS). NEFAR is headquartered in Jacksonville, with satellite Service Centers in Orange Park, Jacksonville Beach, Palatka and World Golf Village.
# # #