Last year foreign buyers spent $153 Billion on U.S. residential real estate. CIPS education will provide you with the knowledge and resources to position yourself as a global expert.
This 5-day institute will satisfy the education requirements to apply for your CIPS designation*, the only international designation recognized by the National Association of REALTORS®.
Step into the global arena and market your business to the world with CIPS.
“The CIPS Institute is a broad-spectrum series of classes to teach REALTORS® how to successfully work with customers from different global cultures. Jacksonville is a kaleidoscope of cultures, and with its global commercial and military connections, we are seeing this multicultural demographic grow.”
— Missi Howell, president of the Northeast Florida Association of REALTORS®
In this 5–day CIPS Institute, you will learn the critical aspects of international real estate transactions, including:
- Globalization of economics
- International capital flow
- Marketing and business planning strategies
- Roles and expectations in international transactions
2021 CIPS Course Schedule
Classes are from 8:30am to 5:00pm
June 9: The Americas & International Real Estate
June 10: Europe & International Real Estate
June 11: Asia/Pacific & International Real Estate
June 17: Global Real Estate: Transaction Tools
June 18: Global Real Estate: Local Markets
NEFAR Members: $100/course ($500 for all 5 classes)
The Resource Center (NEFAR Headquarters)
7801 Deercreek Club Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32256
2021 classes have concluded, 2022 class schedule is TBD.
June 9 Class registration – 2021 Closed (2022 Class TBD)
June 10 Class registration – 2021 Closed (2022 Class TBD)
June 11 Class registration – 2021 Closed (2022 Class TBD)
June 17 Class registration – 2021 Closed (2022 Class TBD)
June 18 Class registration – 2021 Closed (2022 Class TBD)
*Anyone can take the CIPS courses but only members in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS® can apply for the CIPS designation.
By The Numbers
- In Jacksonville, there is a diverse mix of foreign residential buyers with 26% coming from Asia/Oceania; 11% are from Europe; 18% are from Latin American and the Caribbean; 11% are from Canada, and 26% are from unknown countries.
- Only 46 members of Northeast Florida Association of REALTORS® are currently Certified International Property Specialists (CIPS) and hold the only international designation recognized by the National Association of Realtors®. This certification allows REALTORS® to position themselves as global real estate experts.
- REALTORS® with the CIPS designation join tight-knit network of more than 3,500 real estate professionals globally
- REALTORS® with CIPS designation gain referral partners that can help them do business in 45 countries.
A native of Peru with 25 years of teaching experience, Mejia is a practiced national and international speaker. He has lived in Jacksonville since 2009 and currently leads a successful multilingual real estate team for Watson Realty Corp.
Winner of the 2020 and 2015 Florida Realtors® Educator of the Year award and named Broker of the Year in 2014 for her local REALTOR® association in Ft. Myers, Chando is a nationally known speaker and instructor with more than 35 years of “in-the-trenches” experience. She is the broker/owner of Florida Gulf Coast Property Group in Ft. Myers