**The virtual course scheduled for Aug. 11 & 12, 2021, has been canceled and will be rescheduled for the first quarter of 2022.**
A designation from the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), the Accredited Buyer’s Representative® (ABR®) course is for real estate agents who wish to focus on working directly with buyer-clients at every stage of process in purchasing a home.
“This NAR designation is two days of intensive training on the process of working with buyers, managing their expectations, and successfully putting together offers on their behalf, whether they are representing them or not, either as single agents or transaction agents. This course is beneficial to newer agents that do not have experience working with buyers, as well as agents who have been working with buyers but have not necessarily been comfortable working with a buyer brokerage agreement.” — Joanne Chando, ABR instructor
This course provides valuable real estate education that elevates REALTORS® in the eyes of their buyers by assisting them in honing their selling skills and knowledge of the industry. In this course REALTORS® will learn:
- Ongoing specialized information, programs, and updates that will provide knowledge on the issues and trends facing home buyers
- Provide access to members-only publications, marketing tools, and resources
- Assist with networking and referrals
To earn the designation, Realtors must:
1) Complete the two-day core designation course
2) Complete one of the ABR® elective courses®. Possible elective courses include:
- At Home With Diversity® (AHWD) course
- Buyers by Generation: Success in Every Segment course
- Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) Local Markets course
- Corporate Relocation course
- E-Pro® Certification two-day course
- Effective Negotiation for Real Estate Professionals course
- Graduate REALTOR® Institute designation (Must hold the designation)
- Marketing Strategy & Lead Generation course
- Military Relocation Professional (MRP) certification course
- NAR’s Green Designation Two-day course
- Networking & Referrals: Building Business & Profit course
- Pricing Strategy Advisor (PSA) Certification course
- Real Estate Investing: Build Wealth Representing Investors and Becoming One Yourself course
- Real Estate Negotiation Expert (RENE) designation course
- Resort and Second-home Property Specialist certification course
- Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) designation course
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) designation course
- Short Sales and Foreclosures Resource (SFR®) certification course
3) Documentation of five completed transactions in which the student acted solely as a buyer representative.
4) Professional Affiliation
- Must be a member in good standing in REBAC
- Must be a member in good standing in the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)
Exception: International members of REBAC do not have to be members of NAR
5) Pass the exam
- For the online course only, students need to pass the ABR® core designation exam with an 80% or better score. The exam is also required by some states for continuing education (CE credit).
- For the online course only, students need to pass the exam for the ABR® elective of their choice with a score of 80% or better. The exam is also required in some states for continuing education (CE) credit.
6) Submit the designation application along with the documentation of five completed transactions. A certificate of completion for the elective of the student’s choice must also be submitted with the application.
The cost of the core ABR® course:
$300 for NEFAR members
$375 for non-NEFAR members
Real Estate Buyers Agent Council (REBAC) dues:
- First year of REBAC membership is free
- Second year of REBAC membership dues is $110, but prorated based on the month you joined REBAC
- $110 per year thereafter
The virtual course scheduled for Aug. 11 & 12, 2021, has been canceled and will be rescheduled for the first quarter of 2022.
Winner of the 2020 and 2015 Florida Realtors® Educator of the Year award and named Broker of the Year in 2014 for her local REALTOR® association in Ft. Myers, Chando is a nationally known speaker and instructor with more than 35 years of “in-the-trenches” experience. She is the broker/owner of Florida Gulf Coast Property Group in Ft. Myers